During the spring time, the organ of the liver can manifest imbalances more profoundly. The liver is associated with the wood element and spring time on an energy level. Imbalances of the liver include:
- Challenges with the eyes including bleary vision, high pressure, tumors or other eye irregularities.
- Headaches in a band pattern or at the top of the head.
- High blood pressure.
- Joint, tendon and ligament pain.
- Increased anger or frustration.
- Challenges with finding compassion.
- Challenges with stretching into creativity and expansion.
- Financial challenges (liver energy has a connection with abundance and expansion).
On Sunday March 27th from 1:30 to 4 pm at the Westlake office (3355 Bee Caves Road, Bldg 7, Suite 705), join me for a wonderful journey with qi gong designed for liver detoxification and nutritional and meditative guidance.
It is a $150.00 value for only $49.
Spaces are limited so register online today.
Free Liver Detox Meditation and Self Massage
Meanwhile, take a few moments each day to harmonize your energy with the spring energy with self massage.
Gently place your palms over the liver under the right rib cage and massage in a counterclockwise circle for 3 minutes while you breathe deeply, exhaling slowly for a long count of 9 and inhaling slowly for a count of 9.
As you perform this meditation, imagine anger, frustration and irritability as stuck energy slowly releasing from the liver.
Imagine your palms bringing to the liver cool, calming and moist energy, like water nourishing a dry and withered tree.
Visualize your tree, becoming vibrant, strong and flexible, bending gently like a willow tree, able to flex with the demands of life without becoming rigid and stressed.
Finish the massage by shaking out hands thoroughly and placing palms on the lower abdomen about 3 inches below your belly button.
Consciously store energy in the lower abdomen and feel peaceful and ready for the next activity before you.